Gulfport, located on the Gulf of Mexico, is also home to William Carey, a private Baptist College as well as Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Jefferson Davis Campus. Gulfport is also the East Coast home of the U.S. Navy Seabees, or Construction Battalions, which work on a number of domestic and international projects. There are a number of historic neighborhoods and home sites, as well as diverse shopping opportunities and several motels scattered throughout the city to accommodate golfing, water-sport tourism,art museum, minor league baseball, concert attractions, the casinos and upcoming attractions such as the aquarium 2019 and the area is steadily growing.
- Ship Island Excursions will ferry you 11 miles out to one of a string of barrier islands administered by the National Park Service. On West Ship, you can not only enjoy the natural beauty of the beaches but also tour Fort Massachusetts, completed in 1868.
- Catch a sunset cruise on one of the charters that dock at Jones Park Marina: Making Memories Sailing, North Star Sailing Charters, and the upscale Set Sail Yacht Charters.
- Pop Brothers is serving up small-batch popsicles made from fresh, locally sourced ingredients. You’ll find them at 1501 25th Avenue.
- Kids will love the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center, an interactive museum that plays off coastal history. A wavy climbing structure lets kids (and willing adults who accompany them) scale the height of the museum—safely. Other indoor exhibits include an art studio, train depot (the kids get to dress up in historic costumes to climb aboard), “The Little Pet Vet,” a mock seaport, and more. Outdoors, find Bear Creek, tree houses, and a kid-scaled subdivision (246 Dolan Avenue).
- Enjoy what twin brothers and owners Cam and Cain Roberds describe as “the perfect place for folks to cut up, listen to some good tunes, and (of course) learn about the art of hand-crafting beers” at Chandeleur Brewing Company in downtown Gulfport (2711 14thStreet).
Gulfport schools system ranks 23rd out of 127 state school districts in Mississippi. In 2016 Gulfport High School ranked 11th in the state.
Read supporting article: http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/education/article109414952.html
What type of food do you like guaranteed you will find a restaurant that suits your taste buds in Gulfport.
Love Italian? Try a locally owned Italian Resturant, The Salute!
Gulport is a very beautiful and promising area to reside, you get to enjoy everything from the beaches, shopping, great eatery and things to do with the family!
Are you looking for a home in Gulfport Check Out https://mary.maryandidagulfcoasthomes.com/results/ and Request A Showing with me today or give me a call:
Mary Phillips, Realtor With Keller Williams Realty